What is Serverless?
Serverless is a cloud computing execution model where the cloud provider dynamically manages the allocation and provisioning of servers. A serverless application runs in stateless compute containers that are event-triggered and fully managed by the cloud provider.
- AWS Lambda: If you’ve deployed anything to Vercel, you’ve used AWS Lambda, since Vercel uses it under the hood.
- Azure Functions
- Google Cloud Functions
- And others…
Increase Business Logic Focus X Decrease Stack Implementation
- Bare Metal: You have to manage everything, from the hardware to the application.
- Virtual Machines: Resource optimization, but you still have to manage your environment.
- Containers: Package your application with its dependencies, simplifying the deployment process, but still have some challenges.
- Serverless: You only have to worry about your application code. Use an Event-Driven approach to trigger your functions. The cloud provides FaaS (Functions as a Service).
Note: I’m not gonna dive too deep into this subject, cause I’m already bored.